Monday, September 10, 2007

Day 5 [Productivity]

One of the puzzles of having a self paced lifestyle is time management. Being a one man show it is always attractive to burn extra hours at the cost of a healthy lifestyle.

Time management is one of the best kept secrets of every succesful entrepreneur. There are times when you need to slog and times when you need take a break, making a wise choice differentiates an average joe and succesful entrepreneur.

This reminds me of the theory of focus and buffer days. I first read it on strategic coach. The concept is to set aside a couple of days in a week for odds and ends and use extreme focus on regular working days. I tried it for a few days now and find it extremely useful. I get quality time to finish/burn-up on tasks and at the same time I know that I'm not losing out personal/odd jobs, I have time allocated for it.

David Allens GTD is another principle that see me through a busy action packed focus day.

No comments: